Sunday, July 15, 2012

Introduction

     So to start off, this diary was sent to me by my grandmother before she moved into an assisted living home.  Along with the diary was a 75mm French artillery shell (these shells were banned from being brought home so it was designed into a vase, but the bottom of the shell tells the real story).  I never had the privilege of meeting my great-grandfather, yet this diary tells a lot about him.  I am going to do my best to type it exactly as it is written, although much of the handwriting is hard to understand.  Finally, before I begin, at the end of the diary there is a list of names and addresses that I will also list on here.  I am not going to change any names as I type the diary either.  My hope is that a relative of one of the individuals listed within my great-grandfathers diary may read this and have some connected information.  Anyways, let's get started.

Cover:
F. L. Wren (Frank L. Wren)
1796791
Sgt. Q.M.C
U.S.A.
Diary
December 13, 1917
        to
May 4, 1919

Intro:
This book was given to me by Monroe Stockett of Washington D.C. just before I boarded the train for "Somewhere in France."

No comments:

Post a Comment